My little brother has turned 21 today. It seems like only yesterday that I was wanting to kill him because he lost my Charizard Pokemon card, but as they say, time flies when you are having fun!
In order to celebrate his birthday, I thought I would write down 10 memories of David. It did start off as 21, but that was a bit too ambitious I think.
- Listening to Just William at Grandma’s and Grandpa’s house when we tried to go to sleep.
- The fact that you called me ‘Dar-Dar’ because you couldn’t pronounce ‘Jonathan’.
- The hours of fun we had playing Crash Bandicoot.
- Being co-chairmen with you at Rachel’s Bat Mitzvah.
- The sheer joy that you having a new haircut brings us so we can ‘ruffle’ you.
- Florida Frog!
- Playing on the digger and go-kart in the garden during the summer.
- Taking it in turns to drive, without any arguments what so ever on the little red boats in York.
- The fact that we love to unlock our mothers iPhone/iPad/Mac (in-fact anything with a camera on really), and take a stunning picture of us looking incredibly handsome.
- Ensuring that our sister grows up with a strong ‘character’.
Yes I could only really come up with 10 memories on the spur of the moment, but the truth is that I have hundreds of them saved deep within my grey-matter.
Even though only 10 memories were able to come to the surface and make it into this post, I don’t think I would have changed you for any brother in the world to grow up with.
No matter what you do in life, or where your career takes you, I am sure you will do incredibly well, and let it be known, that I will always be proud to call you my brother.